Alzheimer Scotland Back to Directory
Third Sector (Charities & Benevolent Organisations)
Alzheimer Scotland is Scotland’s national dementia charity. Our aim is to make sure nobody faces dementia alone. We provide support and information to people with dementia, their carers and families, we campaign for the rights of people with dementia and fund vital dementia research.
Around 6,000 people in the Highlands live with dementia. This includes:
• Welcoming people with dementia, their carers and families in to our Dementia Resource Centres and Day Care in Inverness, Nairn, Dingwall & Tain, to meet with our staff, attend a group or meet people in similar circumstances and build new friendship groups
• Providing information, support and connecting people with local groups through our Dementia Advisors
• Holding a wide range of innovative activity groups, like the Dementia Choir in Tain, the Tipi Project at Loch Morlich, Arts & Crafts & Bacon Butty Morning
• Engaging with the local community to build a wider understanding of dementia through our Dementia Friends programme
• Providing information and emotional support 24 hours a day, 365 days a year via our Freephone Dementia Helpline
• Committing to funding research to prevent, care and cure dementia.
Alzheimer Scotland is heavily reliant on fundraised income. Through our dedicated fundraisers and donor’s we are able to deliver an extensive range of innovative and personalised support services across the country in the heart of local communities.
Dementia Resource Centre
2 Strothers Lane