Open to companies based in the Highlands, Islands and Moray who are new to exporting within the past 12 months, this award will recognise the achievements of businesses across all industry sectors that can demonstrate an innovative, practical and results driven strategy to the development of their international trade activities. This strategy must result in the creation of new export sales into new markets, with a sustainable business model being implemented for each market. The award will be assessed on the level of innovation and practical application of their export strategy, relative to the size and sector of the company and the barriers that have been overcome, as well as how this new export strategy fits with the rest of their business going forward.
Complete the 2-page form below and submit your entry, as per the rules of entry there is the opportunity to upload a maximum of 5 jpg/png files to support statements made in your entry form.
We recommend using this downloadable version to create a hard copy of your application, which can then be copy/pasted into the relevant questions.
Rules of Entry
- Entry is open to all businesses based in the Highlands & Islands and Moray irrespective of whether they are a member of any of the region’s Chambers of Commerce. Businesses owned by parent companies or groups based outwith the Highlands & Islands or Moray may also enter provided the Highlands & Islands or Moray organisation can demonstrate a significant degree of autonomy over its operations, policies and strategies.
- Entries for the regional Business of the Year categories are restricted to businesses whose headquarters are located in the area for which they are applying.
- Award sponsors or companies affiliated with award sponsors may not enter the category they sponsor.
- Entries are treated in confidence.
- All entries must be electronic and completed on the Highland Business Awards entry forms only. No other format will be accepted.
- Supporting information is not permitted unless it forms part of the entry document, eg testimonials. A maximum of 5 tables, graphs or photos may be included within the entry form. Please be aware that any website links used within your entry will not be activated by the judges.
- Entries will be judged at two stages by an impartial panel of judges.
- Award winners will be announced at the Highland Business Awards Lunch on 27 September 2019.
- Entry to more than one category is allowed.
- The judges reserve the right to withdraw any category at their sole discretion, should the entries for that category not meet the required criteria.
- Incomplete entries will not be judged.
- All entries will be acknowledged on receipt. Entry forms will become the property of Inverness Chamber of Commerce and entries will not be returned.
- Proof of sending entry (by email) is not proof of receipt.
- The organisers reserve the right to withdraw an award from any applicant supplying false information within their entry. Judges reserve the right to audit any information supplied.
- The closing date for entries is 5.00pm on Friday 9 August 2019.
- The judges’ decisions are final and no further correspondence will be entered into.
- Information supplied will be shared with the judging panel and, in the case of finalist organisations, with the event host. It will be used only for the purpose of judging the competition and as the basis for creating a voiceover script for the awards ceremony, where required.
- Finalist organisations may be included in related media coverage and may be required to take part in promotional activities about the Highland Business Awards.
- By registering and completing an entry for the Awards you agree to these terms and conditions.