We all have a responsibility in shaping the future of our region. People with commitment and passion for the area as well as for the industry in which they operate are the critical success factors. This award is intended to recognise these qualities in an individual who has dedicated their time and energy to making a difference to the Highland business economy. Nominees in this category should have demonstrated commitment in their chosen field and in their business community. They should have a track record of inspiring and leading others to create a more sustainable business environment.
Complete the 2-page nomination form below and submit your entry, as per the nomination guidelines, there is the opportunity to upload a maximum of 5 jpg/png files to support statements made in your nomination form.
We recommend using this downloadable version to create a hard copy of your application, which can then be copy/pasted into the relevant questions.
- Any person whose business activities are based in the Highlands & Islands and Moray may be nominated, irrespective of whether their business is a member of any of the region’s Chambers of Commerce.
- Employees of the Business Leader of the Year Award sponsor or companies affiliated with the award sponsor may not be nominated.
- Nominations are treated in confidence.
- All nominations must be electronic and completed on the Highland Business Awards nomination form only. No other format will be accepted.
- Nominations will be passed directly to the judges to be considered and a shortlist compiled. All those nominated will be informed by the organisers that they have been nominated.
- The Business Leader of the Year Award winner will be announced at the Highland Business Awards Lunch on 27 September 2019.
- Incomplete nominations will not be judged.
- All nominations will be acknowledged on receipt. Nomination forms will become the property of Inverness Chamber of Commerce and will not be returned.
- Proof of sending a nomination (by email) is not proof of receipt.
- The closing date for nominations is 5.00pm on Friday 9 August 2019.
- The judges’ decisions are final and no further correspondence will be entered into.
- Information supplied will be shared with the judging panel and, in the case of finalists, with the event host. It will be used only for the purpose of judging the competition and as the basis for creating a voiceover script for the awards ceremony, where required.
- The Business Leader of the Year Award finalists may be included in related media coverage and may be required to take part in promotional activities about the Highland Business Awards.