A successful business environment in the Highlands, Islands and Moray requires a constant supply of fresh ideas and new business start-ups. This award will recognise a new business that has been established within the past three years (since 1 June 2015). The business can be in any sector and may be large or small. Importantly it will have been based upon a well-researched idea and will have a strong business vision.
Complete the 2-page form below and submit your entry, as per the rules of entry there is the opportunity to upload a maximum of 5 jpg/png files to support statements made in your entry form.
We suggest that you use this downloadable version to create a hard copy of your application, which can then be copy/pasted into the relevant questions.
Rules of Entry
- Entry is open to all businesses established in the last 3 years who are based in the Highlands & Islands and Moray irrespective of whether they are a member of any of the region’s Chambers of Commerce.
- Entries for the regional Business of the Year categories are restricted to businesses whose headquarters are located in the area for which they are applying.
- Businesses owned by parent companies or groups based outwith the Highlands & Islands or Moray may also enter provided the Highlands & Islands or Moray organisation can demonstrate a significant degree of autonomy over its operations, policies and strategies.
- Award sponsors or companies affiliated with award sponsors may not enter the category they sponsor.
- Entries are treated in confidence.
- All entries must be electronic and completed on the Highland Business Awards entry forms only. No other format will be accepted.
- Supporting information is not permitted unless it forms part of the entry document, eg testimonials. A maximum of 5 tables, graphs or photos may be included within the entry form. Please be aware that any website links used within your entry will not be activated by the judges.
- Entries will be judged at two stages by an impartial panel of judges.
- Award winners will be announced at the Highland Business Awards Lunch on 27 September 2019.
- Entry to more than one category is allowed.
- The judges reserve the right to withdraw any category at their sole discretion, should the entries for that category not meet the required criteria.
- Incomplete entries will not be judged.
- All entries will be acknowledged on receipt.
- Entry forms will become the property of Inverness Chamber of Commerce and entries will not be returned.
- Proof of sending entry (by email) is not proof of receipt.
- The organisers reserve the right to withdraw an award from any applicant supplying false information within their entry. Judges reserve the right to audit any information supplied.
- The closing date for entries is 5.00pm on Friday 9 August 2019.
- The judges’ decisions are final and no further correspondence will be entered into.
- Information supplied will be shared with the judging panel and, in the case of finalist organisations, with the event host. It will be used only for the purpose of judging the competition and as the basis for creating a voiceover script for the awards ceremony, where required.
- Finalist organisations may be included in related media coverage and may be required to take part in promotional activities about the Highland Business Awards.
- By registering and completing an entry for the Awards you agree to these terms and conditions.