This award will be presented to the young apprentice (16 -25 yrs) who has shown dedication, commitment and outstanding contribution to their business. Nominations will be judged on their contribution to the business, the team and their community, underpinned by the individual personal qualities valued by the nominating employer.
Complete the 2-page form below and submit your nomination, as per the nomination guidelines.
We recommend using this downloadable form to create a hard copy of your application, which can then be copy/pasted into the relevant questions.
- Any young person (16-25) currently undertaking an apprenticeship at a business based in the Highlands & Islands and Moray may be nominated, irrespective of whether that business is a member of any of the region’s Chambers of Commerce.
- Apprentices employed by the Young Apprentice of the Year Award sponsor or companies affiliated with the award sponsor may not be nominated.
- Nominations are treated in confidence.
- All nominations must be electronic and completed on the Highland Business Awards nomination form only. No other format will be accepted.
- Nominations will be passed directly to the judges to be considered and a shortlist compiled. All those nominated will be informed by the organisers that they have been nominated.
- The Young Apprentice of the Year Award winner will be announced at the Highland Business Awards Lunch on 27 September 2019.
- Incomplete nominations will not be judged.
- All nominations will be acknowledged on receipt. Nomination forms will become the property of Inverness Chamber of Commerce and will not be returned.
- Proof of sending a nomination (by email) is not proof of receipt.
- The closing date for nominations is 5.00pm on Friday 9 August 2019.
- The judges’ decisions are final and no further correspondence will be entered into.
- Information supplied will be shared with the judging panel and, in the case of finalists, with the event host. It will be used only for the purpose of judging the competition and as the basis for creating a voiceover script for the awards ceremony, where required.
- The Young Apprentice of the Year Award finalists may be included in related media coverage and may be required to take part in promotional activities about the Highland Business Awards.